Wendy Harvel started her legal career at a large law firm in Washington, DC. After returning to her hometown of Austin, she spent 18 years as an Administrative Law Judge at the State Office of Administrative Hearings as both a Master Administrative Law Judge and the head of the Public Utility Team supervising the work of other public utility administrative law judges. Wendy also served as a mediator for the agency, successfully mediating disputes in complex utility cases as well as licensing issues for professionals. She frequently speaks about administrative law and practice at continuing legal education courses. Wendy is a graduate of the University of Texas School of Law and the University of Michigan.
- Panel moderator on practice tips on appeal from administrative hearings, Advanced Administrative Law Seminar, Austin, Texas, August 2018.
- Panel presentation on writing to get the recommendation you want from the ALJ. Advanced Texas Administrative Law Seminar, Austin, Texas, June 2018.
- What is Administrative Law?, presented to University of Texas Osher Lifelong Learning Institute, October 2017.
- Regulatory Panel: Current Legal Concerns and Future Solutions, panel moderator, presented at 8th Annual Texas Energy Law Symposium, Austin, Texas January 2013.
- Dos and Don’ts at SOAH, presented at the Advanced Texas Administrative Law Seminar, Austin, Texas, August 2007.
- The Contested Case from the Administrative Law Judge’s Perspective, presented at the Advanced Administrative Law Conference, Austin, Texas, November 2001.
Mediator Certification December 2000
State Office of Administrative Hearings
- Utility Team Leader
- Master Administrative Law Judge
- Extensive experience with electric transmission CCNs, rate cases, and fuel reconciliations.
- Experience in water rate cases, water CCNs, and telecommunications cases.
- Mediation of all types of administrative law cases.
Professional & Legal Affiliations
- State Bar of Texas
- District of Columbia Bar (inactive)
- Association of Women in Energy
Education & Licenses
- The University of Texas School of Law, 1996 J.D.
- The University of Michigan, 1992
- State Bar of Texas, 1996
Call Wendy directly at (512) 879-0970 or use the form below to send her an email: