Gene Montes represents gas and common carriers of natural gas liquids and crude petroleum before the Railroad Commission of Texas. He also represents water and electric utilities in regulatory proceedings before the Public Utility Commission of Texas. Prior to joining the firm, Gene served as a Hearings Examiner at the Railroad Commission where he presided over rate proceedings related to all major Texas natural gas utilities, as well as landmark fracking and pipeline proceedings. He also served as an Assistant Attorney General for several years providing legal counsel to various state agencies and representing state agencies in administrative appeals, litigating a variety of environmental and civil matters, including cases related to water and waste-water utilities.
- Hearings Examiner, Railroad Commission of Texas presiding over natural gas utility issues, pipeline, oil & gas, and surface mining issues
- Assistant Attorney General, Administrative Law Division and the Environmental Protection Division
- Staff Attorney, Texas Commission on Environmental Quality
Professional & Legal Affiliations
- Austin Bar Association
Education & Licenses
- University of Kansas School of Law 1991, J.D.
- University of Hawaii 1985, Bachelor of Arts
- State Bar of Texas, 1992
Call Gene directly at (512) 879-0959 or use the form below to send him an email: